Look to the West for Moscow

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Welcome to Moscow (Mockba)!

Our plane arrived at the gate at 1:40p.m. We were greeted with rain. At 4:15 we were finally through customs. Getting through passport control this time was a nightmare. Packed with people compared to last time here (like ten times the amount) so the craziness of lines and pushing and trying to save your space in line were intensified. We were finally 6 people away from a customs agent when the entire Singapore airline crew (about 20 in all) came to our line. OMG! Then, we were 4 people away and she closed her window! I couldn’t believe it. We were down there for almost an hour and a half. THEN, finally being able to go retrieve our bags, we find all of our bags except the double stroller we gate checked in Houston. So now it became trying to pin down a woman to take care of our missing item. She looked at the carousels herself then asked us if we wanted to fill out a missing bag report. So, I decided to go through the rest of customs and go see if our driver Max was actually still there. To my delight, he was! Yea Max! So, Max and I waited for Roger for another 30 minutes. So now the drive to the hotel with the rain and Moscow traffic took 1 hour and 15 minutes. We finally got to our room at 5:40. We were starving, so we quickly ordered room service; 2 cokes, a small bowl of pasta and 1 sandwich. Totaling, $65. So now we are showered, winding down for a short bit, then off to bed. Please wish us luck as tomorrow Max is picking us up to take us to court at 9:00 a.m. I hope the fogginess of the jet-lag will be gone from our heads by then, and a much better day overall!

I’ll go back a couple days….Wicked was a wonderful play and I’m very glad we went. I’ll admit I was a bit tired at the performance and couldn’t wait to go to sleep, but the actors did a great job, great story line and funny. Our flights to Moscow went well. On time. Singapore Airlines is a nice airline to fly coach. Great service, comfortable, but so-so food. That’s it for now.

Spa-coin-a-no-chee! (Goodnight)

(by the way...I typed this Sunday night and just posted Monday morning. We had no internet last night)

1 comment:

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Prayers for court. . .we loved Max! He's the best! Is your coordinator Phillip??

Days of Parenthood