I can’t wait!!!!!!
Today (thursday) was a great day until about 2pm, then a major meltdown on and off for hours with Reese. She’s testing our wills and seeing who the decision maker is--she still thinks she’s going to win. I did not do well with this. Niko was very good today.
We left to walk to the zoo around 9:45. They did great at the zoo. No meltdowns. Were really impressed with the animals and seem to be having a good time. Lunch at the restaurant even managed to go OK. Then on the walk home, Reese was in the stroller and fell asleep until we reached the apartment. About 20 minutes. Niko fell asleep in Roger’s arms as he was carrying him the last 15 minutes of the walk. He brought him in to the apartment and laid him down, he was still sleeping. Reese became a terror bit by bit at this point. And nothing has been able to satisfy her.
After bath time she was in a better mood and decided to head to one last restaurant for dinner. They both did well in the restaurant. After coming home and bedtime is a different story. Meltdown for an hour at bedtime. The night before they slept 11 1/2 hours.
Tomorrow we’ll go to Gorky Park for a while. It means taking the Metro to get there. Then we’ll be back in the apartment for the rest of the afternoon/night. We’ll have leftovers for dinner and start packing. Get up early and get ready to head to the airport. The way things have been going these past two days, I hope I can prove myself wrong and we have a good flight home. Please send all positive thoughts our way for Saturday morning (or Friday p.m.) your time.
This is my last post until we get settled back in AZ. In many ways this week has been easier/better than I thought. I, however, have never slept more than 4-5 hours at a time each night so I am looking forward to my bed and pillow and my dog, Pardo. Thanks to everyone for all your support and positive thoughts throughout this long journey in Moscow.

6 comments:
You won't have any problems on the plane, you have an extra set of hands to help...glad to hear it all is going so well with both of them...see you soon. Meltdowns??? Or typically toddler behaviors...hmmmm????
You are so right about her testing the "boss" title. You are clearly the boss and giving in will give her fuel for next time, so keep up the good work and think long term. Soon she will realize that the meltdown does not get rewarded and they will get better. Good luck, and just know that you have so much help at home with all of you friends and family! XO
Joanne,
I'm so glad you are on your last 2 days in Moscow. I know you are ready to come home. We are thinking about you and praying for your time in Moscow and for safe flights home.
As for struggles at bed and nighttime, we have found it best at times to hold our little one until they fall asleep and then move them. We also used music with headphones for our daughter in Russia and on the plane ride home. Music was a big comfort for her! Do you have someway to play music for Reese (through your computer, iPod, etc.)?
Safe travels and best wishes for a peaceful flight home!
Wishing you good luck tomorrow for the flight back! I loved the pictures you posted and it's been great following along with your journey. Just get home safe and sane and try to have a sense of humor tomorrow. It's all part of the adventure, right. Take more picts! Hugs and kisses from Roma!
I've been neglecting my blog reading so I've missed your entries....congratulations!!! Good luck with the trip home!
Jacob was fuzzy on the long flight. It was harder to keep him occupied but he liked to play on the floor. We had bulk-head seats. It will be OK and it will end so don't worry too much. I am so happy for you all. To be home with your children is such a Blessing!
Post a Comment