It's really getting closer. Getting excited!
I guess this will be my last post from the US. My computer has to go to the Apple store tomorrow to fix the DVD slot.
OH! Yesterday our passports with Visa's arrived! Whew! That's the most important item on the checklist! I have my bag 75% packed and Roger's is about 25% packed--he said he's packing in his head. I know a lot of you have mentioned not to pack the diapers, but honestly that's the lightest thing in the suitcase. They may take up room, but they weigh nothing. Besides, Moscow is SO expensive for everything! I don't want to spend $$ there if I don't have to. I'm sure on the way home the bags will be lighter, especially because all the gifts for the caregivers/orphanage, etc... will be gone. Some snacks will be gone, too. All the prescriptions, first aid kit, precautionary drug store items are the bulkiest and heaviest. Don't want to go w/o those...can't read anything at the Russian pharmacy. I'm hoping they'll give us a break on the weight. ;-)
We had a friend help us out with installing the two car seats yesterday. OMG! It took almost 2 1/2 hours. The 5 point harness, bigger car seat was much more difficult to install. Mind you it was 105 degrees yesterday and humid because of a possibility of a monsoon storm. Roger was soaked by the time they were done. Thanks guys! I also turned in my leased BMW yesterday. :-( I will drive my husbands SUV for the next few months and when we arrive back in August he will most likely get himself another BMW. We figure why get the car now when we'll be gone for three weeks and pay a monthly payment and insurance.
Today and tomorrow I will be cleaning the house thoroughly and taking care of last minute preparations before we head out to dinner and Wicked.
For those able to and interested, come meet us at the airport on the evening of the 25th. We are flying in from Houston on US Airways. As we get closer to flying home I'll post about that. I hope everyone has a Safe and Happy Fourth of July celebration!
That's it for now. Wish us safe travels and a smooth, happy transition!

10 comments:
Congratulations. We are so excited for you. We have taken a mini blogger break due to summer. I'm so sorry that I've missed your last few posts, but it looks like I've logged back on at the right time. So looking forward to your journey back to Russia. Yippee! It won't be long until you have two little ones running around!!
Safe travels and lots of love coming your way!
Congrats. We will be watching the blog regularly for the updates. Can't wait to hear about the trip. Safe travels...Mike, Heidi & Brady
Best wishes for a safe journey and a joyful reunification with your children. I'll be checking your blog every day! Love, Tara
This is the best, and hardest, part of your journey. Relax, enjoy and don't forget to do a little sightseeing (with and without the kids)! You never know if, or when, you'll make it back to this fantastically complex and interesting country known as Russia. You're going to love being parents. . .and you'll be great at it, too! Godspeed!
Woohoo! Can you believe it's hear already?? Counting down the days for you in my head!! Can't wait to hear how everything goes!!
We are going to be praying for you as you head out on this fantastic adventure! Can't wait to read what is happening!
Awesome!! Good luck with court and the time in Moscow. I can't wait to see pics of the kids in a few weeks :)
Laura
I'm glad you two are finally on your way to starting the rest and best of your life! Best of luck with each step you take. I'll be following your blog closely.
It is Sunday night here in the US and I was so anxious to see if you had posted yet from Moscow! So excited for you all!!
I will be checking back and praying for a super smooth court process.
Hugs and God bless,
Angie (also with LH)
God's Blessings. We are anxiously awaiting to hear all about your adventures!
Post a Comment