The rest of the day kinda went the same as the last two. We tried some food, which again Reese is still picky about. Niko took a nap, Reese played quietly. Bath time is still LOADS of fun for them. Then a Baby Einstein DVD to calm things down at night before we put them in their room for sleep. Again a meltdown from Reese, but a smaller, shorter one. It’s 9 p.m. and they just fell asleep. MInor improvements that we’re happy about.
Monday morning we lost internet until about 2 p.m. So now it’s after 8 p.m. and the kids are watching Baby Einstein again. We’ve developed this routine to get them to wind down and then to the bed about 9 p.m. Reese has been sleeping about 8-9 hours through the night and Niko about 9-10 hours per night.
Around 4:30 this afternoon my friend Adrianne arrived from PHX to stay with us until Saturday. We all leave together and will have an extra hand on the plane. Nice, but I’m still worried about how it will go. We ordered chinese takeout for dinner tonight. Nice to know in any country you can always rely on Chinese food for good food.
Tomorrow we’ll try to go to the Kremlin for the “traditional” family photo in front of St. Basil’s. Although it’s scheduled for rain tomorrow....and the rest of the week... :-(



5 comments:
First off, I am so far behind (again!) - Congratulations on Gotcha day!! What two beauties you have and what an adjustment for all four of you. It sounds like you are doing well though. Minor improvements make for bigger ones down the road!!
Wow, that's all I can say!
How's their english communications coming along with you guys?
Love the jammies. The monkey jammies are so cute!! I'm so glad they are sleeping well even though Reese hasn't been feeling good. We are thinking about you and praying for you during your time in Moscow. You will be on a plane before you know it coming home. Look at us...we've been home 16 1/2 months. Amazing how quick time passes once you are home. Enjoy your time in Moscow and your visit to St. Basils.
I smile everytime I read your blog and everytime I look at the pictures I think how very lucky they are to have such wonderful people for parents! What a gift you have given them, one that will bring you more joy then you can imagine (probably some pain too).
It sounds like you are giving the kids such a sense of security and routine and at this point that is so important. Keep up the good work. I so cant wait to meet Reese and Niko in August! XO
Post a Comment