Tuesday afternoon’s was just okay. For the first 30-40 minutes R decided it was okay to spit at us on occasion. This definitely made us angry. We think she may have been upset because the week prior we saw her 4 days in a row and then we didn’t come for 4 days. Maybe??? She warmed up as the visit went on and seemed sad to see us leave. Like I said...she’s going to be a handful. Very stubborn and used to getting her way. N on the other hand, was just as sweet as could be again. He still really doesn’t speak though which can be nice but then again not. He might fare okay on the plane but she might be loud. We played outside again the entire time and they got filthy dirty inside the sandbox. Don’t know what he’ll do in AZ without one. N is definitely playing more on his own and following his sister’s every move like Trip #1. He can actually stay in one place and play (like the sandbox) for quite awhile. R tends to roam from thing to thing and be busy, busy.
We arrived for Wednesday’s visit in the a.m. since we felt like we had to try and find this other children’s store on New Arabat Street in the afternoon. Wednesday’s visit went better than yesterday’s. We were outside again, but since it had rained in the early a.m. we decided not to let them go in the sandbox this time, even though they attempted to. They just got too dirty yesterday and we felt bad for the caregivers giving them back so dirty. We played most of the time in these hut-like structures they have outside with some toys in there. Then, we let them wander the grounds. N, of course, just walks around and picks up branches everywhere. R goes from one piece of playground equipment (like the slide) to the next. They didn’t seem too upset for us to leave this time because they were about to get some lunch.
We won’t see them on Thursday as we are packing up in the morning, then hiring a taxi to take us and all of our large suitcases to check into the apartment around 1:00. Once there, we feel we have to get pretty organized. Find a grocery store and buy lots of food and do our laundry. There’s no dryer supposedly, so we will have to hang stuff everywhere. We also have to get all the kids clothes and toys organized, as well as all the gifts we’ll be bringing to the orphanage on Friday morning when we go pick up them up. We hope the a/c will be working and also the free wi-fi. It can get pretty warm here, especially when it rains and quite muggy; I think we are finally in the normal July temps - not like the first few days we were here. I hear it’s been sizzling in AZ, like 113, we are are certainly not missing that.
Finally, we have had no luck from Singapore Airlines on our stroller. I think we have to give it up at this point. At the baby store we went to today, they had one umbrella-like stroller for about $80. No double. There’s one more store to check out. We might go out soon to see or wait until the morning.

5 comments:
Hi guys- it sounds like you are getting used to the ups and downs of parenting! Hopefully when you are with the children 24/7, they will begin to trust you and learn that you are always going to be there for them, even if you have to be apart for short periods of time. So sorry about the stroller- things like that just make me furious. Good luck with the move to the apartment- I think that's a great idea! We are thinking of you and looking forward to your return.
Well it is getting close and I am sure you are so ready to be home and settled.
I am sorry to hear about the stoller, thank goodness you didn't bring BOB...
Not sure it will make you feel any better but I was dealing w/ some spitting at our house today. Once C. starts, B has to too! Fun times and a few lost privledges. Luckily no actual spit usually passes the lips...
I hope you get settled easily and find what you need. Looking forword to you next post.
I bet you are getting excited. I am not sure if you guys will still be in Moscow but I am scheduled to arrive on July 25th. I think I will probably just miss you.
Joy
The wait is winding down!! So sorry to hear about the stroller - I know that must be so frustrating.
Hi! It'sthursday eve already for you, so hope you are settled into the apt and ready for a nice dinner and glass of wine. How'd the stroller hunt turn out? And did you find an AJs for your groceries? :-)
You are on our minds a lot and tonight we'll be saying ' its morning over there, wonder if they've picked the kids up yet...?'. Hopefully you'll get a minute or two to blog and let us know how the first days go. What a strange & wonderful new world it will be for the little ones! And you too, of course!
Love you guys - good luck and have fun tomorrow!!
Post a Comment