Look to the West for Moscow

Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Final Countdown

Well...it's here...the last week before we leave. It's starting to sink in that we leave one week from today. Luckily, our visa's arrived yesterday and they are correct.
I'm a creature of notes and my husband laughs about it. He likes to have every note, name, thought..you name it...all on his computer. I have little notes on scraps of paper that when I remember something I jot it down. From grocery lists, to do, names/phone numbers, etc... So in preparation for this trip, yesterday I created 3 tidy pieces of paper labeled: Mon.-Weds., Thurs, and Fri. So every time I think of what will have to be done before the trip I jot it down on the appropriate paper. Like on the Mon-Weds list, I have to go back down to the Sec. of State for another apostille (our FBI Clearances came in), and on Thursday is to give the dog a bath and wash her bed for my friend who will be taking care of her and bringing her to their 2nd home in the woods. She'll have a great camp experience! Friday is cleaning, taking care of the pool, getting a manicure, etc... The list is actually getting quite long for each day. I will continue to be very BUSY. My husbands job, not only to help me, but he's in charge of getting our iPhone's setup for international calling and getting the converters, plugs, gadgets, etc..
This weekend we are going to get started putting our house back into a somewhat organized manner. It got very disorganized with all the stuff being taken out of the two rooms we are preparing for the children. Oh..and the 2nd room will be painted this week, too.

8 comments:

Craig and Phyllis said...

I am so excited for you guys! I will be praying for you this week as you are trying to get everything ready and especially next week as you meet your children. Once you are sitting on the plane you can collapse! : )

Nancy said...

One week to go, yay!

Tara dS said...

SOOOO exciting! Have a wonderful trip and please let me know if there is anything I can help with before you leave or while you are gone... watering plants, etc

I hope you will be able to continue blogging while you are over there. I will be checking every day!

Pat said...

3 more days!!! Can you believe it. Wow. Please make sure you blog, or atleast email or FB some pics of the trip and the kids.

Love you guys!!

Your sis,Carl,and Ryan

Troy and Rachel said...

You're so close to leaving!! Your floors look great and it sounds like you are ready!! I'm a list person too out of neccesity - If I don't jot it down when I remeber it, I may never remeber it again...and it gets wrose with children in the mix!! Something to look forward too!!!

Mike and Heidi Lee said...

Sounds like us adoptive parents are all the same...lists, lists, and more lists!! We are so excited for you! Travel safe and enjoy every second!

Carey and Norman said...

Getting so excited about your trip!! So glad my vacation was last week, so I'll be here to read all the posts as they occur!!

myra said...

This grand adventure of yours has filled me with eager anticipation.I am overjoyed by your courage and committment and send you both my support and love.

Days of Parenthood