Look to the West for Moscow

Monday, May 11, 2009

We built it, now let's see if they come...

The wood floor installation of the two bedrooms are now complete. Whew! That's a load off our minds (and back). Her room is now completely done. We still have to paint his room. It'll be a shade of blue.
I hope the glue fumes didn't damage any brain cells, as I believe I'll definitely be needing all of them to keep up with these kids. ;-) By the way....Happy belated Mother's Day to all you moms out there! One of the most difficult jobs. You all deserve much more than a day to celebrate all you do!

We received our FBI Clearances in the mail today. Looks like we're "cleared" by the FBI and good to go. Whoa-who! I believe now we have to get those notarized and apostilled and we'll more than likely bring them with us instead of mailing them. Also, went to the bank today and picked up over 29K worth of Russian Rubles. Sounds like a lot, but it's really about $1,000 US Dollars. Not much else to report. Just doing a lot of running around, trying to find bedroom furniture and register for my shower my friends are so graciously throwing for me.

I can't believe how close this trip is getting.... 12 days til we depart the USA!

I'll sign off with a picture of the girls room with the finished floors.

4 comments:

Amy said...

I am giddy with excitement for you and LOVE "HER" room. Nice work J&R!

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

What a beautiful room! We painted Aidan's room Russian blue. . .I picked it out of the blue samples without even knowing the name of it! It's by Behr. You might like it, too, if you haven't already found one.

Joy said...

I love it!
Joy

Mike and Heidi Lee said...

How exciting! Are you counting down the minutes?! So happy for you!

Days of Parenthood