Look to the West for Moscow

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

What a day!

Well, we met the kids today and all seemed to go picture perfect. They are both in good health as far as we can tell for now but we are about to send all the information to our international adoption doctor in the states for his recommendations. We will also be going there twice tomorrow for more play time, interaction with the kids and more information gathering.

The girl is a bright, outgoing and a definite mother figure toward her little brother. Her brother is a bit more quiet and very ticklish. They both took a liking to us and even gave us hugs and kisses goodbye.

Surprisingly the orphanage was amazing. Very clean and well cared for. There are an abundant amount of toys and they are all well organized. In fact, the kids put each of the toys back in their rightful place once they are done playing with them. Crazy, right? It kind of made us feel ill-prepared to bring the kids home to less toys, hotter temperatures, a smaller playroom and a smaller yard to play in. The kids are going to think that they got the short end of the stick. Although, the kids loved the iPhone and digital camera so we have that up on the orphanage. Most importantly, the caretakers obviously love the kids and they love their caretakers right back.

We are beyond exhausted and are falling asleep as we type this - it was a very stressful day regardless of how smooth the appointment with the Ministry of Education went. More tomorrow when we are awake and coherent. Thanks for everyone’s thoughts and hopes for us.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I think I have checked the blog no less than 10 times today to check on an update! So happy that things went well.

DON'T worry about a hot region and less toys in your house. Most people recommend keeping the kids world small and only introducing them to a handful of toys at a time. Are any of your AZ friends having a shower for you? You can get toys there!! And I'll tell you -- Tatiana loves a diaper wipe almost as much as toys!! She'll scrub anything if she's allowed!

Hoping to hear great things from the doctor!

Pat said...

Your trip sounds so amazing so far. Don't worry about the conditions they are coming home too. You don't want them to be too spoiled. I believe they will be happy with everything and anything that you will be giving them, most importantly of all a MOM and a DAD!!! You have reminded me many times its not all about things that you have, but love that you can give!!! I want to be able to spoil them just a little when they come here. As for your daughter, I'm sure she will be a mother hen to her brother for a long, long time. And that is wonderful. Your son will have his sister to look after him lovingly forever. WOW is all can say. Can't wait to talk when you get back.

Love you both,
Sis, Carl and Ryan

Carey and Norman said...

So excited to hear that your visit with the kids went so well today. I loved hearing about their personalities and likes. I'm glad they enjoyed their time with you too! I cannot wait to hear about tomorrow's visit!!

Days of Parenthood