It's been a bit exhausting taking them to all these appointments. But, I know they are necessary right now and will not last forever. So far Reese has been to the pediatrician twice, dentist, allergy/asthma specialist 3 times, 2 times to a lab for blood drawn, and an assessment of developmental delays. It's been diagnosed as they are both behind, and we have decided we will be bringing them to occupational therapy and speech therapy. I don't know how many times per week these visits will take place yet, but we're thinking they won't last for more than a few months. They'll catch up very quickly, especially with the right supervision/guidance. Reese is very eager to learn. I guess the forever mom "chauffeur" services have officially begun. LOL!
Niko just has a mild scalp dermatitis. All of his bloodwork and x-ray and ultrasounds came back normal. It's been fun to see him develop into his personality. He was very quiet at the orphanage, but he is changing here everyday. So cool! They are both great little people!
In between all these appointments and people still coming over to visit them for the first time, we've managed to squeeze in some pool time, too. Here are a few pics:

6 comments:
Such cuties. I'm sure you all will find a regime to work for the allergy situation. Sometimes they even grow out of some of it. I'm glad sleeping at night is still going well and that you all have been able to squeeze in some fun time in between all the doctor appointments. I remember feeling like the doctor appointments were never going to end!
Cutest pics ever! They just look so happy! Can't wait to meet them on Saturday.
As for allergies, they are definitely manageable. Dave is allergic to cats and lived with mine for six years.
Great pictures! I remember all the trips to doctors when we first got home, Sergei especially. We practically lived at the pediatrician's office and the dentist's office.
I love how our children "bloom" when they are given so much attention and love. It is a sight to behold!
Blessings to you and your family! I am so glad the children (and you) are doing so well!
Myra
When one of my cousins was younger he was allergic to EVERYTHING. Good news is -- he grew out of it. Can't promise that is the case always, but I will hope for you!
Such cute pics - they both look VERY happy!!
They look so HAPPY. Congrats on everything
That is too bad about all the allergies! I think I need to get Pasha in to be tested for possible asthma. He sometimes sounds like he wheezes when he has been running really hard. New experience for me!
You kiddos are changing! The love of their Mama and Papa does great things for them! : )
Oh, when Ryan was in football and I was driving him back and forth to all the practices, I said that I had "van butt!"
Post a Comment