Look to the West for Moscow

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Nice Days!

Each day has truly gotten better. Reese’s rash is better being on the allergy syrup and lotion, so she seems to be sleeping better. A couple of nights all the way through. They both are still sleeping 10-11 hours per night.

We have been going in the pool for about 30 minutes almost daily. They are very comfortable in the pool now; however, they are wearing floaties. We might begin to look into swim lessons and see if they say they are ready for that. Reese is continuing to do well on the potty. Still has many mistakes (always at night, obviously right now), but when we ask her if she needs to go she’ll usually say yes or no. I think we just might have to get better at asking more frequently. Niko still sits comfortably on the toilet several times a day and occasionally gets lucky.

Sunday we drove down to a place Roger & I usually went on Sunday’s to go jogging. This time we put them in the double jogging stroller for 4 of miles of jogging and they loved it. Then, our friends invited us over for breakfast of eggs and bagels and to meet R & N. We had a wonderful morning. Thank you Gary and Kathy!

We still have many dates set up with friends who want to meet the kids. We’re just spacing them a part a bit. And we are still venturing to new restaurants and with new foods. They are doing great in both areas.

Over the next two weeks Roger is going to work part-time, then back to regular hours after that.

3 comments:

Joy said...

That is so cool that they are adjusting so well.
Joy

Amy said...

Sounds like things are going just swimmingly! Haha - sorry couldn't resist!! Check out "One Step Ahead" - they sell baby stuff. They have a cute kids watch that looks like a toilet -- yuck, I know, but you set the alarm how often you want it to go off and it reminds the kidlet when to go... maybe it would work for Reese. Maybe it's easier if I just link it!! Here's the info:

http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=534066&cmSource=Search

Hoping things continue getting more stable in their routine!!

Meghan, Bill and Nick said...

Congratulations! I have been a supremely poor blog reader and totally missed the events of the past 2-3 months. I am kicking myself that I missed events as they unfolded. I am so thrilled for you all and the kids are adorable! So glad the transition is going well and I can't wait to read more!

Thank you for your kind comments on our blog too!

Days of Parenthood