Anyway, I had hoped on snagging these great fares I had my eye on from Houston to Moscow on Singapore Airlines. We would still have to get airfare on US Airways from PHX to Houston, but that’s easy. The good news is they still have the….get this…$580 RT fare PER person to Moscow! The bad part is, they are charging $3000 PER CHILD for the one way ticket from Moscow to Houston! So, Lorien from my adoption agency (she’s been awesome!) suggested we call a couple of travel agencies which families have used in the past because they are able to get humanitarian LOW fares for adoptions. So now we have two other options on the table. One has two stops before getting to PHX. Not good with two kids. I only wanted one stop with them. The other is on American Airlines and goes PHX-Chicago-Moscow. Not bad. The connect times are pretty good, too. And the fare is decent. Probably what we’re going to go with, but I’m checking on one other thing. The agents aren’t there on the weekend, so we can’t book for a couple days anyway. We’ll either be returning on the 24th or 25th right now. I think the kids have enough clothes, shoes and toys now to get us through, so now I will start to think about purchasing the “gifts” that are customary in Russia for all the caregivers, doctor, translator, etc…
As promised here are some pics of the two rooms we’ve been creating…the last one is the best!

9 comments:
WOW!! The rooms look great!!! Super excited for you guys -- the bag will come in handy soon!!
Fantastic! And the rooms look absolutely wonderful. And, think of this. . .leaving on the 4th of July to pick up your children--how American is that??? We met Aidan on Thanksgiving day. . .God Bless! Can't wait to hear/see more.
The rooms are beautiful! The children will love them. A friend of mine has a younger brother and sister who were adopted from Russia and when her parents brought them home, the children saw the rooms with all the toys and they kept repeating the Russian word for "Mine? Mine?" over and over in amazement. They were delighted at their good fortune!
About the airline fares, I guess you can't buy them a round trip ticket at the low price and just not use the US-Russia leg of the trip? Good luck with that...
Congratulations on your court date! And WOW, those rooms are fabulous!
You know we understand that you can't watch Ryan for us, but it has all worked out all the way around. I agree with another post, how great to be kidding the kids around our american holiday. Their rooms look great.
Wow! What great news!! And it is SO FAST! I'm sure your head is spinning. The rooms look absolutely great.
We flew the AA flight from Chicago to Moscow. The crew (for the most part) was really great to us. Let me know if you fly with them and I will tell you more of which flight attendant to look for and which to avoid!
I'm so thrilled for both of you!
Those rooms look great and I'm going to start paying attention to the PJs I wear to bed now!!
Congrats on your travel dates!!
The rooms are so cute, they look like they are straight out of a magazine, but I'd expect nothing less. I'm sure Roger picked the paint from a Pantone book :)
What a wonderful thing you are both doing, I'm reading all of this with tears in my eyes. Peter and I are so excited for you both, look forward to reading more about your adventures into parenthood.
I am just catching up!! Oh my word that seemed fast. I am so glad that you are going back to pick up the kids. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
I really love the rooms. They will look perfect once the little ones are home and tucked into their beds.
Joy
Post a Comment