We have our travel arrangements made. After further investigating and no help from the Russian office of Singapore Airlines, we were able to book online, all of our tickets for the lower fares. I have a RT and got the lowest rates. Roger had to book one-ways. From Moscow to Houston is a one-way with the kids under one reservation and that’s what made the kids fare come down. Because originally we had the kids on their own separate one way reservation, it must have charged really high fares because they thought they were traveling alone. We then also booked our US Airways from PHX-Houston-PHX. We are leaving on the 4th of July and returning 3 weeks later on the 25th. I would have liked to return on the 24th but the low fares were not available that day. Oh well… what’s one more day. But, I think after many, many, many days in Moscow that one more day will seem like a lot!
We are staying at the Sheraton for the first half of the trip (due to a nice, friends and family discount, from a great friend, Melissa—Thank You, Melissa!) The other half we are staying at an apartment for more room and ease of cooking/eating meals with the kids.
I’m feeling pretty organized. Still a lot on the list, but I’m making progress!

5 comments:
Oh that sounds perfect. I think I am going to rent an apartment too for my second trip.
Joy
Joanne,
I talked with another blogger friend last night who will be in Moscow the same time frame as you are. Her name is Jolynn. Her blog is also private but if you want her email address I will forward it on to you.
Joy
Wow, I can't believe I have missed out on so much!!! Siblings!!! Oh my, congratulations are in order!
I check blogs through google reader and it must not update blogs that are private. I just thought, gee I wonder how Glad about Vlad is doing so I clicked over here and Surprise! I am so happy for you guys. Love the teaser photo - priceless.
Oh I can hardly wait to see more pictures of T & N. Congratulations! Best wishes to you all on your journey and a quick and speedy court hearing.
Jolynn is a rock star!! See if you can hook up with her! :) She's a fellow Michigander.
Post a Comment