Look to the West for Moscow

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

We Have Travel Dates!!!!

After having lunch today with my very good friend, Adrianne, (it's Adrianne's Birthday today--Happy Birthday Adrianne!) I noticed there was a message from my adoption agency. I called her back, a little fearful because of the swine flu news going around, I had been thinking "oh no, what if the Russian government bans families from the US traveling into Russia for adoptions... Sorry, I digress... anyway, I called her back on my way home and she said "I have travel dates for you!" I can't believe it, I was expecting them to call next week. Sooo...we have to be at the Department of Education in Moscow on May 26th. They request we arrive by the 25th and stay until Saturday the 30th so that we can see the children all week. So we are feverishly working on trying to use our points to travel for free. And tonight we also have to start working on filling out our Visa paperwork. Has anybody out there gone on the site GoToRussia for purchasing/requesting your Visa's? They seem cheaper and I don't know why...???
Well...just wanted to share the good news but now I must try to also find some decent, fairly inexpensive hotels. That might be difficult in Moscow...
I'll post later when I have more details.

7 comments:

Amy said...

Oh yea! yea! yea!! I am ABSOLUTELY thrilled for you. I was so hoping you'd get this news this week! Yahoooooooooo you might be able to hear me screaming from AZ!!!!

Craig and Phyllis said...

That is wonderful news! We used GoToRussia for both trips. Craig said that it is cheaper the further out that you can get your visas. We had no problems with them either trip, and the first trip we only had 7 days to order and receive our visas.

You are going to be such wonderful parents! My only advice will be to listen graciously to what people tell you, but listen very carefully to what the Lord is telling you! Sometimes He may want you to do things different from what everyone else is telling you, even "the experts."

Joy said...

What great news!! I just had a feeling that you would be traveling soon.
Joy

Carey and Norman said...

Congratulations. I'm so excited to see that you have travel dates. I cannot wait to hear more about your trip!!

We used Go To Russia for our 2nd trip to Vlad (CHI handled ordering our visas the 1st trip) and loved them. No complaints here.

So excited for you!!

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Congratulations!! How exciting that you'll be there in just a few more weeks. . .Our agency has a travel agent in New York that handled everything for us-Visas, flights and hotels so we're no help to you there. . .Take extra disposable cameras! These are a fantastic bridge from trip one to trip two of what happens with the children. You're going to love Moscow, even as expensive as it is! God bless!

Bill and Myra said...

We used GotoRussia. They have processed our visas for both of our adoptions. They are wonderful (they are also fluent in Russian). They are based in Atlanta. They actually booked some flights for us and we were able to change them for no cost between Vladivostok and Seoul (don't know about the US and Moscow). I loved them. They were very helpful when we had a passport issue.

I am so VERY excited about you getting your travel dates. I cannot wait to hear about your trip.

Myra

Pat said...

We are so excited about your upcoming trip. This is your year!! Can't wait to meet our future niece and nephew and Ryan is excited to be a BIG cousin. Wow, I can't believe this is all following in to place for you guys and so quickly. Enjoy the ride in 2009!!!

Days of Parenthood