Look to the West for Moscow

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Dossier Sent (again!)

I went down to the Secretary of State today and had all my new Docs apostilled. Whew! That's a load of my mind/plate. Now on to the list of the things I want to get done around the house. My agency will send to Russia and the docs will be translated and registered. They believe we should travel mid to late May. It'll be here before I know it. I'm going to try and get ready/organized, but I know like the rest of you have mentioned, you just end up scrambling to get all packed in time.


12 comments:

Shannon said...

Wow, you have been very busy! Congrats on getting all the paperwork done again, and I also just read the exciting news about the sibling group in Moscow. How exciting....can't wait to here more.

Carey and Norman said...

Wow, it looks like so much all spread out. Love the floors too. Sorry I haven't commented in awhile. I guess your blog doesn't update on my sidebar. I usually just check the new postings, so I'm sorry I haven't been keeping up! I promise I'll start checking more often!!

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Great! Add to your list to take a blank disposable camera to leave behind. The Caretakers will take pictures for you during your wait for a Court Date. Priceless photos!

Joy said...

This is a great picture of you and your documents. I think these types of pictures are the best.

I know I felt like I was in a fog from the minute that I found out. I think your mind and body are in shock when you find out that you have a referral.

This is the best time.
Joy

Craig and Phyllis said...

Isn't it just amazing when you see the dossier spread out like that?! The unbelievable part for us was the papers we received back after court that were not wanted by them for their records! You just kindof think about the money down the drain. A little frustrating, but we were just so happy to have the boys.

My biggest piece of advice to take on the trip is a sink stopper! Get the large flat disk kind from WalMart for $1.70 or so. It will fit any shape of sink or tub drain. Since your region has changed to Moscow area, you may not need it. But for less than $2 it would not hurt.

Pat said...

Wow, that's alot of docs. I'm so glad you got it all done. Take it one day at a time and yes May will be here soon. Take a deep breath and take it all in and it will all be so worth it. I'm excited to see my new niece and nephew! So is Ryan.

Nancy said...

WOW! This is awesome news!

Meghan, Bill and Nick said...

I temporarily lost my link to your blog, thanks for the comments on ours so I could refind you.

So happy to get caught up on the progress you've made and what fun news about the children in Moscow. Congrats!

Also, very cool picture of the documents!

Bill and Myra said...

I am just catching up on my blog reading - Wow - so much has happened! I can't believe you got your dossier done so fast! I will keep you in my prayers.

The great thing about the Moscow Region is that you don't have to wait so long between your first trip and your court trip!

I am so excited for you!

Myra

You should check out russianpeanut.blogspot.com They adopted from the Moscow Region and might have some pointers for you!

Amy said...

YEA YEA YEA! I just got chills!! I am sooo behind! For whatever reason since you've gone private, your blog isn't updating on my list and I thought hmmmm Joanne has been quiet, I wonder whatever became of our conversation!!! Curious got the best of me and was just going to leave you and note and LOW AND BEHOLD.... what do my eyes see.

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! So glad things worked out. I am telling you -- Lorien is a miracle worker! I was really really hoping that this would work out!! I can't wait to hear more. I think you'll really enjoy Moscow as well!! It moves SO fast!! If you're potentially traveling in May, you'll likely be home with your two sweeties by July 4th! What an Independence Day celebration!!!!

Troy and Rachel said...

Holy cow!! I love the picture with you in it because it really shows how much paperwork there is involved in all this!!! Glad it's out and you can get ready to prepare for travel!!!

Shane and Kathy Gebhardt said...

First of all, you are amazing! I can't believe that you accomplished so much in such a short amount of time. I'm pretty sure that it would have taken MUCH longer, if it were me.... Congratulations!

I am looking forward to reading all about your referral and first trip! You deserve some happy news soon!

Regarding your question about if Trey is fluent... The answer is "yes". He actually was pretty fluent within 6 months. Now, his vocabulary is HUGE! It's so neat to see him grow and change so much in such a short amount of time. Speaking of growing....he has grown 4 inches in a year! That's amazing!

Good luck and God's Blessings! We'll be waiting for some big news!

Take Care,
Kathy

Days of Parenthood