Look to the West for Moscow

Friday, February 20, 2009

You might be wondering....

why we decided to take our blog private. Well, I must say I certainly didn't want to. I've got one of those family members that make life difficult and that no matter what I do it's not, nor will ever be good enough. (I've heard from a few of you that I'm not alone in this) I have tried many times in the past to let things go and give second, third, etc...chances. But, this persons last rant was my last straw. I could no longer include them in my life. It was a tough, difficult decision and I'm still transitioning into that "calm, happy" place I know exists. I never wanted to make waves while my parents were alive; didn't want them to get caught up in the middle somehow, even though I knew we were in agreement on this person. Since my parents are no longer a part of our lives, I decided I could go ahead with certainty of my decision to have more of a peaceful, healthy life.

I'm so glad so many of you still wanted to be a part of this journey with Roger and I. But, I'm also sad so many other potential adoptive parents out there will never find my blog. You see, I have met (not in person) so many wonderful adoptive parents since beginning this blog adventure. I had no idea the amount of knowledge I would gain from these wonderful people. The ideas they share, the tips, the warnings and most all the heartfelt encouraging words that one so needs to hear when going through this LONG, frustrating journey to meet your child. Other friends and family members have also been just as encouraging and loving and helpful in so many ways. Thank you to everyone for being patient and for being there. I SO wish I could give you all some great news about our adoption.

Speaking of the adoption...so many of the Russian adoptive families out there already know of the new conditions set forth by the Russian government this week concerning adoptive and home study agencies. They will not be accepting adoptive families dossiers at court that belong to an adoption agency or home study agency who has had too many delays in the past regarding post-placement visits. Sadly our home study agency here in AZ is on that list. WE actually wouldn't be affected for quite awhile because the judge does not look at your dossier until court is set for the second trip, but we should start thinking about what needs to be changed in the near future regarding our home study agency. More than likely, if the judge in our region has decided not to allow parents to adopt out children who have worked with these agencies then we will have to find another agency here locally and begin the process of the home study over again. It will go a bit quicker because we have gathered so much of the information already, but there's more than likely going to have to be paid "new" fees to this new agency. Ugh! We should find out more information in the next couple of weeks as to what the Russian government is doing. They make it so difficult to adopt out these beautiful children. It's so sad. I am in need of some good news and this wasn't what I had in mind. I've heard from a few of the adoptive families out there and thankfully their agencies weren't on the list.

Thanks for the support and we'll keep you updated!

11 comments:

Mike and Heidi Lee said...

Yes Joanne, I was wondering and I'm so glad you made the decision to be proactive! Good for you! You deserve only positive things in your life! Hopefully you will hear something soon about that little one that is out there waiting for you! We keep you in our thoughts!!

Pat said...

I know how hard your decision was and I respect it. I hope that your fellow bloggers will continue to follow you and support you. You now that I do. I wish and pray almost everyday that you get some good news. You give me strength.

Your sis

Pat said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

I'm quite certain everyone has someone like that. . .mine is my dad who was less than supportive during our process. . .but he's been strangely supportive since coming home. But, we all need to be healthy and to live healthy so I applaud you and your committment to that end.

God bless and I'll keep you in my prayers as you navigate this new twist. I know it will all work out in the end!
Stacy

Craig and Phyllis said...

I was wondering what caused you to change your blog access. Sounds like this was a difficult decision and that you have definitely had a rough several months.

I was surprised to read the latest about the Russian's and the home study agencies. Nothing like making those hoops smaller and higher that adoptive families have to jump through! We will continue to be praying for you and that your referral can still come quickly despite the new "hoops".

I have enjoyed getting to "know" you here in blogland. Thanks for letting me continue to follow your journey! I have really appreciated your encouragement and comments on our blog.

Troy and Rachel said...

I'm sorry you had to take your blog private, but I do hope it makes things better for you. We are all still hear for you! Sorry to hear about the homestudy agency list - ours was on there to, but we have been advised to keep working with them for PPRs to help get them off the list. We are hopeful that many of the agencies will be cleared soon - yours included.

Nancy said...

HI Joanne! I was also sad to make my blog private over the summer after some very rude stalking comments and e-mails. So I completely understand. :)

Kim said...

Thanks for the invite! I definitely know the struggle public v private. Family members can be so hurtful sometimes. I would love to continue following along!

Kim

Joy said...

Joanne,
I am so glad that you invited me to follow along with your blog. When a blog goes private I feel very left out when I am not in the loop (LOL).

I think it is a real shame that you had some one who was not supportive of you and your desire to become a mother through adoption. I also have a few family members on Gerard's side who are not thrilled about the adoption.

I think you are so right about learning so much information from others during this process. Without my blog I would be lost during this wait.
Joy

Amy said...

Hi - I sent you an email - or atleast I think I did. If you didn't get one from me -- will you drop me a note @ danivann@aol.com?

Carey and Norman said...

I completely understand going private! It is so hard to be as open when you are public. I too was glad that we were able to share with others during our trips, but you have been lucky to meet several great families who can now follow your private blog. I still send out links to mine when I read a new blog where the couple are using the same agency or traveling to Vlad. So, you can still meet new people!

Days of Parenthood