Amy tagged me on this Book Tag. (She also showed me how to make a link to the name I type--very cool, huh?). My book is also not a beach read, but here are the rules and details:
The rules:
1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open to page 56.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 2 to 5 sentences, along with these rules.
5. Don't dig for your favorite book, the cool book, or the intellectual book. Pick the CLOSEST!
6. Tag five (or more) other people to do the same!
Here are my sentences:
His Hebrew name, Avrom, suited him better than the English, Alvin. Four months after his death, our daughter, Amy, was born, and she was named after him. Here, in 1982, in my quiet, darkened office, a deafening cascade of hidden, secret truths was pouring upon me. I was swimming in a spiritual sea, and I loved the water. My arms were gooseflesh. catherine could not possibly know this information. There was no place even to look it up.
Now the people I will Tag:
1. Heidi
2. Tara
3. Nancy
4. Kathy
5. Carey
Happy Reading! My book, by the way, is Many Lives, Many Masters

7 comments:
Interesting book tag...hadn't heard of it! Fun!
HI Joanne! I've been trying to subscribe to your blog but for some reason my google reader wouldn't do it until now! So I'm back to reading. Oh, and I guess I'll find the book since you tagged me!
Hi Joanne,
Ok....silly question...how do you link a person's name with their blog? I am excited to do the "book tag" post. I have my book ready!
Thanks,
Kathy
Hi :)
Still LOTS of time for you to get that potential travel date while I am in Vlad! I'll be there until the 28th -- and I only had about 2 weeks notice from accepting referral to travel date!!
I am going RT to/from Vlad instead of going home through Moscow and I will tell you, I really tried to make Moscow work. The flights "round the world" are more expensive than the round trips to start with. Although, I could have done free hotel in Moscow (vs paying for it in Vlad while waiting) due to Marriott points. The courier is about $1000 so I thought that maybe the flight would still be less and it was close so I was still willing to do it. Until I verifed with my agency that they had a body to drive me around in Moscow. They did -- but his fee was $900 so NO savings at all. So, instead, I am coming home through Vlad. Moscow another day!!
What's the latest word from your agency??
Thanks for adding me!!
I hope you get to go to Russia SOOOON!!
Thanks so much for thinking to add me to your blog readers list. Sending travel waves your way.
Joy
Post a Comment