Look to the West for Moscow

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Waiting Longer

Well, I received an update from our adoption agency rep. Sadly, she said their coordinator in Russia said there are no toddlers available at this time. I am so bummed. This means an even longer wait than I was expecting. Actually, I don't know why I thought we would get a referral so quickly--I just did. I had a great feeling about it. Boy was I wrong. Sooo our wait now becomes 3, 6 or even 9 months until we hear of a referral. I really hope it won't take longer than that because after the first trip there's still the 4 - 6 month wait again before we go back to bring her home on trip 2.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Hang in there. The right child will enter your life at the right time. And on top of that, even though Vlad is a long wait and really hard between trips, Irina and Lana are the most awesome, hardworking reps. You're in for a wonderful journey.

Cindy

Anonymous said...

That really stinks! I was hoping to both add to the family relatively around the same time. I know waiting is so hard to do, I've waited 12 years, and seven more months for my miracle. Just occupy your time, and talk to people if you need to, don't keep it all in.

Pat said...

Waiting is hard, but when the time is right, it will happen. It did for us. Hold on the love and strength you and Roger have for each other to get through this "rough" patch.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that you wait will be longer. I agree though that the right child will come at the right time. :)

Days of Parenthood