They both enjoyed the party so much! We had a bouncy slide and a well-known balloon artist making the most intricate, beautiful balloon designs. We have some of them shown below, but some of the most amazing ones were the scuba tank and goggles, and a fishing pole with hat (fish attached!). The children waited patiently, as it did require a bit of time to design these creations. We also had about 120 balloons throughout the house and backyard. Then, crazy us, Roger and I decided to make their very own birthday cakes--characters from the Yo-Gabba-Gabba show, one of their favorites. Two days prior I made about six cakes, we then cut them into different shapes and put them in the freezer. The day before the party I started making the frosting. Five hours later and many colors, we could finally start decorating and putting together the cakes. I must say it was a lot of work, but they did come out better than expected. Some of the guests were very impressed. Niko and Reese loved their cakes, and even though Niko had a big piece sitting right in front of him, he decided that digging into the middle of Robie’s (not sure if I spelled that correctly) belly looked like a good place to dig in. All in all it was a beautiful sunny day with temps in the low 70’s. The food all came out great, and everyone had a good time. We couldn’t have asked for more. However, by evening time we were exhausted.







5 comments:
The cakes looked great!! You did a great job! Looks like N and R had a great time. I like the idea of giving them t-shirts with their number on the front.
Awesome cakes and the balloon art was fantastic!! We did at home balloon art one day and Troy was great at it - me not so much!! Happy Birthday to the kiddos!!
AMAZING!! The cakes are so cool! Are you sure you don't star in one of those cake shows??
Looks like tons of fun!
I am so late reading blogs! I love the pictures. Wow, I cannot believe how the children have changed. They are adorable - you are amazing parents! Happy belated birthday to the kids!
What a fun party. And, the cakes were awesome! You did a great job with the party...go Mom!
As always, I'm way behind on blogs. Just glad I was able to catch up and see that Reese and Niko are just as adorable and sweet as ever.
Post a Comment