Niko is starting to talk a little bit more and is trying to put sentences together. Reese has gotten the "why" word down--nonstop. Otherwise, not much has changed...their favorite show is still Yo Gabba Gabba, and they still enjoy playing with their Christmas "kitchen". They still go to swim lessons once a week and preschool twice a week. Reese rides a bike very well (with training wheels), and Niko is beginning to learn. They love everything they do and are truly happy kids 24/7. When people asked me what has surprised you most about adopting two kids, I must say that what I didn't expect was this great disposition to life they both seem to have. No emotional issues or problems seem to have surfaced. We are extraordinarily grateful for these happy go lucky kids.
We are in the process of adopting a little girl and her little brother from Moscow, Russia. Check back for updates on this exciting journey of ours.
Look to the West for Moscow
Monday, January 18, 2010
Six Month Mark
Where does the time go? This weekend we celebrated six months of Reese and Niko being "ours". We went to the show, Disney on Ice. Niko was again in rare form and was very animated throughout the show. They both really loved it!
Niko is starting to talk a little bit more and is trying to put sentences together. Reese has gotten the "why" word down--nonstop. Otherwise, not much has changed...their favorite show is still Yo Gabba Gabba, and they still enjoy playing with their Christmas "kitchen". They still go to swim lessons once a week and preschool twice a week. Reese rides a bike very well (with training wheels), and Niko is beginning to learn. They love everything they do and are truly happy kids 24/7. When people asked me what has surprised you most about adopting two kids, I must say that what I didn't expect was this great disposition to life they both seem to have. No emotional issues or problems seem to have surfaced. We are extraordinarily grateful for these happy go lucky kids.
Niko is starting to talk a little bit more and is trying to put sentences together. Reese has gotten the "why" word down--nonstop. Otherwise, not much has changed...their favorite show is still Yo Gabba Gabba, and they still enjoy playing with their Christmas "kitchen". They still go to swim lessons once a week and preschool twice a week. Reese rides a bike very well (with training wheels), and Niko is beginning to learn. They love everything they do and are truly happy kids 24/7. When people asked me what has surprised you most about adopting two kids, I must say that what I didn't expect was this great disposition to life they both seem to have. No emotional issues or problems seem to have surfaced. We are extraordinarily grateful for these happy go lucky kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Wow - 6 months already! Cute pics, love the hide and seek story, and how exciting about the Disneyworld trip!
We really need to get together soon. Will give you a call. Have a great week!
Z&G
Wow - time flies when you are having fun!! Sounds like they are doing great as always!! SO glad things are going so well! That Disney on ice show looks fun!!
That sounds like so much fun!!! I'm going nline noe to what's coming at the Kennedy Center for kids!!
Sounds like your kids are doing so well! I wish my two boys would sit that still for anything!
Myra
so much fun! I can"t wait for a playdate...
I love hearing about these two -- your stories remind me so much of T and what we are doing!
I can't wait to meet them!!
Are you just blown away that it has been six months already?!! So glad to hear that they are doing so well.
Post a Comment