Look to the West for Moscow

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

12-30-08

My dear father is now free to join my mother. He passed today, Tuesday morning. In a way, I feel a sense of relief knowing his suffering has now come to an end. He had spent five days in ICU before myself, brother and sister made the painful decision to let him go and move him to Hospice for his remaining three days.

My father was a sweet, sweet man who dearly loved his sports. He also was a great father to three children and will surely be missed. Many precious, wonderful memories is now a gift we all share of him.

Ahhh....to breathe a sigh of relief. The most difficult times are behind us and now begins the healing process. We're actually doing "okay". Doing the best we can considering the circumstances, for we knew my fathers passing was near.

Again, I want to thank so many of my dear, dear friends and wonderful blog supporters for all the heartwarming, encouraging sentiments, cards and flowers.

I have great hope for a wonderful 2009. (And a CALL for a referral very soon!) :-)

All my best,
Joanne

11 comments:

Amy said...

Wow Joanne, what a week and a half you've had.

Please know that my deepest sympathies and thoughts are with you.

I owe you the biggest hug when I see you in Vlad. Soon.

Carey and Norman said...

Joanne,

I'm so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you during this time. May God give you strength and encouragement as you prepare for your father's funeral.

I will pray for God's blessings for you in the new year as you wait for "the call!"

Thinking of you and praying for your family at this time!

Shelly and Steve said...

Joanne,

I just wanted to let you know that you and your family have been in my thoughts and my heart during this awful, sad time. Its strange how being in this adoption process together makes you feel close to complete strangers. May you find peace and have a blessed 2009.

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

What a reunion your parents must be having right now! I am so sorry you have such great loss in your family this month. It hurt terribly when my father passed, but the thought of him not being sick and weak anymore and walking down streets of gold made it so much easier. Even his pastor said "if there are cows in heaven, [he was a farmer] then your dad is already herding them." I'll be praying for you and your family to find comforting thoughts during this difficult time.

Troy and Rachel said...

Your family is in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong and know that they are in a much better place than we are and most importantly - they are together. Take care.

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

May your mother and father live on in your memories and stories of them. Remember to tell your precious little one about them when the time comes and they will then live forever. . .

Stacy

Craig and Phyllis said...

Oh my goodness, you have had some big things to deal with! We will be praying for both of you as you go through the grieving and that you will find great strength from God and see Him in new and deeper ways in the days ahead.

Carrie said...

Oh my! My thoughts and prayers are with you as you mourn.

May you find comfort in your memories.

Kim said...

Hi Joanne,
I just found your blog. I am sorry that you have had a rough holiday season. Hoping the new year is a blessing as you wait for the call!

Kim
www.prudhomme-family.blogspot.com

Lyndee said...

Joanne,

I am so sorry to hear about your father. My grandfather passed away on January 2nd; just shy of he and my grandmother's 65 wedding anniversary.

He too had been suffering with a long bout of what seems to be one thing or another, at 85 years old. He looked so tired and sad in the pictures I saw at the holidays but he looked great when he was laid to rest. Younger and more at peace than I had seen him in 5 years.

My mother and step father winter in Florida and convinced my grammy to leave the farm and come down for a visit for about a month or so. My aunt will then fly down and spend a week and escort my grammy back.

I will be in Orlando for business and leaving from there to spend a few days in Fort Myers with everyone and am really looking forward to it.

You have such a great attitude and know that will carry you with anticipation, over the difficult times, to your next great moments.

Aaron and I wish you all the best and will be here when you need a babysitter. I just love babies!! I also like the way it makes Aaron squirm when I have them in my arms.

Take care,

Lyndee (and Aaron)

Joy said...

Joanne,
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I will keep you in my thougths and prayers.
Joy

Days of Parenthood