Look to the West for Moscow

Thursday, December 25, 2008

12-20-08

The date that my dear mother of 80 years passed on in loving memory. Her passing was unexpected and sudden. She passed quickly and without suffering for which the family is blessed. There are hundreds of precious moments myself and my family will have that will forever remain in our hearts. She was a strong-willed woman at times, and definitely lived her life as she wanted.

Sadly...my sweet father has been in ICU for the past 36 hours and has been hospitalized now for 10 days. We pray for his strength and that he is as comfortable and as peaceful as can be.

This, of course, has been a difficult week for my family, but have somehow managed through by being there for one another. I also thank so many of my dear friends for all of their concern and wonderful sentiments this past week.

We wish for peace and comfort in the days ahead.

6 comments:

Amy said...

Joanne,

I am SO sorry to hear about your loss. It's never easy to loose someone you love so much. The timing of the holidays must have magnified those feelings for you 100%.

I wish for you only wonderful news in the new year.

Amy

Joy said...

Joanne,
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my Father a number of years ago and I know how difficult it can be. I will pray for you and your family.
Joy

Anonymous said...

Love you.

Troy and Rachel said...

Joanne, Our thoughts and prayers are with you. I lost my father a littl eover a year ago and it is so hard to lose someone you love so much. May you find peace in all the happy memories and know that she is smiling down on you.

Carey and Norman said...

So sorry about your loss. It is never easy to lose someone you love so much. My heart goes out to you as I know your grieving. May God give you strength and encouragement!

You will be in my thoughts and prayers!

Mike and Heidi Lee said...

So sorry to for your loss!! I can't imagine how difficult this time is for you! We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Hopefully you will hear some good news from Russia soon!

Days of Parenthood