Look to the West for Moscow

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Time

It's a strange thing...time. Sometimes it passes by so quickly we wondered where all the time went. Then there are cases where time moves so slowly...you can't believe you're still waiting. That's where I am. I can't believe time has passed so quickly and we've been registered in Vlad for over 3 months now, but then again time is passing so slowly....each and every day I wonder if my phone will ring. It's creeping by.
I've just checked in with my adoption agency and NO they do not have any new information or even a prospect at this time for a girl. I have gotten to know one of the adoptive couples who just brought their little boy home who are with the same agency as us. They couldn't be happier with the agency and shared many wonderful things. They also said they would use them again. So, it makes me feel better that they actually are working on getting referrals for families. I know that is their wish, too. Anybody who knows me, knows that I'm always cold and traveling to Russia in the middle of their winter was the furthest thing from my wishes, but now I'm wishing for that more than anything. How strange...because of the time that has passed it has even had an affect on how I feel. I will continue to hope and pray for traveling this winter...yikes! :-)
On a super happy note...yesterday was my prince charming's birthday. I love this man more than I could ever express, I'll gladly celebrate ALL of his birthdays with him.

9 comments:

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

Yes, somehow time gets warped during the IA process. We've been at this for almost 20 months and in some ways it has gone fast and other times it feels like ten years have past since we decided to adopt. Seeing the light at the end of the tunnel now, I can share with you that time DOES pass eventually and all the waiting will be a distant memory once your child is with you.

Carey and Norman said...

I agree that time varies during an adoption. Times it goes quickly and times it goes slowly. The holidays will help and hopefully you'll hear news soon thereafter.

Joy said...

I think you are right about hearing positive things about your agency when you are waiting. That is what keeps me going.
Joy

findingourdaughter said...

We have been waiting for a referral of a little girl in Vlad for the same amount of time. We also have NO timeline of when a referral will come, tomorrow, next week, next month or next year??? That is the hardest! We are the only family with our agency still waiting for a referral ....who all started the process at the same time.
I have decided I will not even think it will come until January....that gives me peace that during the holidays everything will go along status quo and not stress me out.
I hope you hear good news soon!
Hugs and God Bless!

Anonymous said...

Aunt Jo,
Time is the cruelest of all tortures.
You and I are going through something so similar right now. BUT...I have a light at the end of my tunnel. A date that is marked on a calendar, and even pictures, and now her moving, and even hiccuping.
How you and Uncle Roger are able to stay so calm is amazing. I was once in your shoes exactly. Not knowing, not knowing if it will even happen, and wondering if all this stress of wondering and waiting will ever produce the result that is so desperately wanted. It DOES come. Just like some of your friends have commented on here, it will come and then all this time, waiting, wondering, stressing, will be as if never existed.
Then you get a whole new batch of worries. Like freezing your butt off, bringing her home on that long flight, getting her settled into your home, the first night when you won't sleep at all cause you're using that baby monitor and every noise of her moving wil wake you up, meeting us, LOL!! Her fist day of school, her first soccer game, and of course that first boyfriend. I've been through all of it, and ya know what...it's really not so bad.
I hope you guys get a call soon. ANY kind of call, and I hope I can meet my new cousin soon, and our daughters can eventually play together. I think next Christmas will be pretty amazing for you, me, us.

Craig and Phyllis said...

Hey, I missed seeing the update on your blog! Thanks for all your notes of encouragement to us. We really do appreciate it. It helps to know that people are praying for you back home.

I'm the opposite, I'm always warm. The 2 times I traveled to Russia, it was around 100 degrees! Not my stereotypical picture. I thought for sure this trip it will be colder. Instead we left Ohio with falling snow and it is going to be a balmy 60 degrees tomorrow! They keep the building burning hot. The one good thing is that you can wash out your clothes, put them on the radiator and they will be dry in about 2-3 hours! : )

We will be praying that you get word soon.

Eric & Becky said...

From Eric & Becky we have read your blog just keep hanging in there we were waiting just like you and the call we were waiting on came just last week we were very happy I m sure it won't be long we will be praying for you that you get your call soon but I know time passes slowly when you are waiting but when you get your call time begins to fly good luck hope you here something soon

Pat said...

Joanne and Roger, you have received so many words of encouragement that I don't know what to say. You and I have had many talks and I know how hard this is. I am hoping that your Christmas gift will be a flight to Russia! It's coming...we are hoping and wishing for your call very soon.

Love
your sis

Amy said...

Hi Joanne...

I see my good friend Angie also left a note here as well. Yes time is very hard in the waiting process isn't it! ARGH.

My prayer is that your referral comes VERY soon and we'll all be together at the Vlad Motor Inn in January. It truely is a wonderful place - to meet and spend time with people you'll instantly connect with. So here's to you, Angie, my friend Nancy (also waiting for Vlad!) and I all having one giant HUGE party in Vlad in January.

Days of Parenthood