Look to the West for Moscow

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Any News?

I've seen lots of people lately that have asked me if we've gotten any news. So I decided I would write an update on the blog for everyone. Well, unfortunately we really don't have much new information and are still on the waiting list. There must be many parents ahead of us registered in Vlad awaiting a girl. We have, however, changed our age range from 2 - 4 years to 18 months - 5 years old. I guess that's the biggest change. Waiting for the call is difficult at times. I'm learning the art of patience along with other emotions that may creep up. Like doubt...I doubt this will ever happen, I might doubt if we're on the correct path. Fear...I fear what will be if this doesn't happen and also fear what will be when this does happen. :-) Most days, though, are filled with positive thoughts and energy.
In the mist of the roller coaster of emotions, we are continuing to gather and work on the next set of documents that will be required to bring our little one home. We are trying to find the AZ State International Adoption Laws, which are a requirement. We thought we had it, but our agency says it didn't look quite right. So, they are now trying to help us in the search. The agency also sent us another form we need to fill out. Then there's the letter our tax accountant has to write on our behalf stating we own our home and the details of it. Then there's the employment verification letter from the CPA of Roger's company which also needs to be written, and we're also contacting our mortgage company to write a letter, as well, about our house and our ownership. Then finally for now, there's the financial statement Roger and I need to write up ourselves. After we gather all those docs, along with our psych evaluation, we'll get them notarized and go to the Secretary of State to have them apostilled and sent to our agency. Please keep positive thoughts for us that we will receive a referral soon. Thanks to everyone for your care and concern for us thus far. It means a lot to us.

12 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

Ah, the wait in Vlad. Yes, it can be hard. We were blessed to not wait on the front end, but the wait b/w trips was tough. Even though it is a hard wait (and long flights to get there), there is something about Vlad that is very special. The Vlad Inn is truly unique for adoption families and such a special bond for those of us who have been there. You will love it!!

Pat said...

If anybody has the patience to wait this out, it's the two of you...hang in there.

Joy said...

I am so happy to meet you. I love reading along. You have expressed many of the same emotions that I have felt too.

I once vacationed in AZ. Wow was that a great vacation.
Joy

Bill and Myra said...

I saw your blog link on Carey's blog. My husband and I also adopted from Vladivostok. I have a link to the State adoption laws that might help. Please email me at toeppe@gmail.com and I will forward them to you. I didn't see an email link on your blog.

Myra

Amy said...

Hi Roger and Joanne!! Nice to meet you/find you!

Here's to a shortened wait for you! Hopefully you'll enjoy Vladivostok as much as I did. Although having Heidi and Mike around was part of the fun!!

Looking forward to reading more about your experience!

Anonymous said...

Maybe some of the paperwork helps to take your mind off the waiting...probably not for long though. You are doing great.

Em can't wait to see Pardo soon. :)

Shane and Kathy Gebhardt said...

I totally understand the wait. It can be excruciating at times. However, I just want to encourage you that your adoption WILL HAPPEN. It's all in God's timing. I had a very hard time dealing with the wait as well and went through a variety of emotions. Just keep your chin up. Your little girl will be worth the wait.

God's Blessings,
Kathy

Troy and Rachel said...

Hi Roger and Joanne! I stumbled on your blog tody and hope you don't mind if I follow along. We adopted a little boy from Izhevsk but were originally assigned to Vlad so we did a lot of research! We are keeping our fingers crossed that your referral comes quick!

Amy said...

Me again!

We weren't allowed to see inside most of the rooms, but I did glance a handful of girls around the baby home my little one is at. The director told me that 110 kids were there at the time... and that's just 1 of the many homes in the region!!

Keep me posted if you hear anything...

Nancy said...

Hi! I saw your blog linked on Amy's blog. We adopted our son from Vlad last year, and we are currently waiting for a referral for kiddo #2 in Vlad. The waiting is so hard! I hope you hear some good news soon. (My blog is set to private...e-mail me if you'd like to see it shoesinks@yahoo.com)

Wolf family said...

Thanks for your comment on our blog. Just wanted to say that I will pray for you during your wait. I know it is annoying to hear, but you will look back on the timing and it will all make perfect sense.

Blessings to you,
Melanie

Craig and Phyllis said...

Hey! Thanks for your comments on our blog. I found your blog somehow about a month ago. I'm very interested in you guys since you have been married for 23 years. We passed the 26 year marker in August! Craig's brother and his family live in Scottsdale, too! We will be praying that you hear some news soon and that God will give you His peace as you wait.

Days of Parenthood